I am happy to announce my candidacy for Gadsden County School Board Member. Thank you for embarking on this journey with me as I seek the honor of public office.
If you have taken a look at my background, you may notice that education has never been just another policy issue for me it’s more of a personal priority. Stemming from a background of numerous family members who were educators they implanted in me the importance of education.
Education opened so many doors and gave me the confidence to pursue my ambitions and have a voice.
As a candidate I believe I possess the qualities fit for a school board member:
- The ability to work well with a team and support group decisions, along with an understanding that the board sets a climate for the entire district
- A desire to work toward a stronger relationship between the district and the public it serves
- A keen eye for serving the needs of all students, regardless of their abilities and backgrounds
- A professional, poised demeanor and respectful, respectable behavior
- Respect for diverse points of view
- Commitment to the time and energy required each week for meetings, phone calls, conversations, visits to schools, and professional development seminars and workshops
- Knowledge about district policies, guidelines, needs, challenges, and strengths
Above all, I believe unequivocally in the value of public education. I am dedicated to serving and teaching all children. Lastly, I will have good faith in the democratic process and understand that my role is to act strategically, in line with the interests of the entire school community.
GADSDEN, It’s time for a fresh perspective on advocacy and accountability. I appreciate your support. LET’S BE GREAT!
Kenneth L. Thomas, Jr.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela