Kenneth Thomas, Jr. grew up in Quincy, Florida and is a product of the Gadsden County Public School System. He graduated from East Gadsden High with honors in 2006 along with his Associates Degree from Tallahassee Community College. During his high school tenure, Kenneth volunteered his time with the City of Quincy and became employed as a Computer Technician during his Junior and Senior year.
After graduating, he transferred to Florida State University (FSU) where he majored in Information Technology (IT) and received his Bachelor’s degree in December 2008. During Kenneth’s undergraduate tenure at FSU, he was employed with the Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners as an IT Specialist for several years. Eventually, Kenneth obtained his Master’s degree in IT from Florida Institute of Technology in 2011 and moved on to become a state employee for the Florida Department of Health where he served in many technology roles. In 2013, Kenneth returned to school to pursue his Master’s in Business Administration from Florida A&M University which he obtained in 2015.
Throughout his educational and professional career, Kenneth maintained a level of dedication of community service and support in his home area of Quincy and Gadsden by volunteering his time at local non-profit organizations, churches, K-12 schools and participating in certain campaigns. After the 2016 election, Kenneth was appointed by the newly elected State Representative, Ramon Alexander, as District Secretary for District 8 (Gadsden & Parts of Leon Counties).
Kenneth loves to travel, blog and spend time with his family and friends during his free time. He has a passion for technology and business although education is a personal priority for him that stems from his upbringings. He comes from a family of educators many which are products and employees of the Gadsden County Public School System.
- Quincy, Florida Native
- Product of Gadsden County Public Schools
- East Gadsden High School – Class of 2006 Honors Graduate
- Obtained Associates Degree from Tallahassee Community College upon graduating high school
- Obtained Masters of Business Administration from Florida A&M University – May 2015
- Obtained Master’s Degree in Information Technology from Florida Institute of Technology – June 2011
- Obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology from Florida State University – December 2008
- Former District Executive Secretary for State Representative Ramon Alexander (Florida House District 8)
- Over 10 years of experience employed with several local public service entities